P.O. Box 750492
Centerville, OH 45475-0492
Who We Are
The Noon Optimist Club of Centerville is a fellowship of people who get things done. We set examples and embrace an optimistic mindset for the community to see. We display leadership skills and working relationships locally, regionally and nationally. Whether you are searching for an outlet to give back and help your community or are looking for personal development, you will find what you are looking for in our club. You will have the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of our children as well as our community
- We work directly with schools to enhance education and assist libraries
- We sponsor and help facilitate youth sports programs
- We tutor and mentor young people
- We provide scholarships annually to youth heading to college
Our Optimist Club was formed by people living and working in our community who wanted to reach out and help young people. We have joined together to serve others and to promote Optimism as a way of life. Our programs and weekly guest speakers offer members the opportunity to learn, grow and improve themselves. Programs such as Essay and Oratorical Contests and Youth Appreciation Week help reinforce our commitment and allow us to take pride in our accomplishments.
Information all about our club is contained in a short three-minute interview with our 2019-2020 Club President Greg Griffin:
Purpose and Mission Statement
Purpose of Optimism
- To develop optimism as a philosophy of life utilizing the tenets of the Optimist Creed
- To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs
- To inspire respect for the law
- To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people
- To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life and the world.
As a friend of youth, our mission is to provide positive programs and activities to benefit youth in local and surrounding communities to help them grow and prosper as future leaders.
The Noon Optimist Club of Centerville was founded in 1968 and is an affiliate of Optimist International, founded in 1918. Today the club boasts more than 300 members. Our club is one of the 75+ clubs in Ohio and 2,500 clubs in the world. We are the largest and most active club in Ohio. The focus of all Optimist Clubs is to bring out the best in kids. Our club with the motto “Friend of Youth” is active throughout the year to benefit the youth in our community.
In 2017 and again in 2021 our Club was awarded “Optimist Club of the Year.” This high honor is a GLOBAL Award given to us based on the work our club does in the local community for our local kids.
What does an Optimist do?
All Centerville Noon Optimists are expected to be active and supportive members of the club within the community. Ideal members will…
- Participate in club activities
- Attend lunch meetings as often as possible
- Support projects and events
- Take active interest in supporting youth
- Pay dues on a timely basis
- Provide leadership and direction
- Recruit new members
- Are active in socials and fellowships