The Centerville Noon Optimist Club is conducting a photo contest to assist young people with developing an interest in the area of photography and to expose them to “The Optimist Creed” and our philosophy of Optimism. Students are asked to submit photos that illustrate/exemplify one of the ten tenets of “The Optimist Creed.”
The contest is held in February and March of each year.
Entries are due no later than 6 pm on March 15, 2023.
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
- High school students in grades 9 thru 12 are eligible. The student must attend a high school in one of the following districts or be home/online schooled and live in one of these districts:
- Archbishop Alter High School
- Centerville High School
- Miami Valley School
- Home / Online Schooled
- Limit of one entry per student.
- NO photo-shopping enhancements should be used other than basic cropping of the photo.
- Please choose one verse from the Optimist Creed and have your photo reflect that verse.
- Photo must be submitted electronically along with the entry form and parent’s signature.
- First place, second place and third place winners will be chosen, as well as some honorable mention photos.
- Prizes will be as follows: 1st place $250.00, 2nd place $150.00, 3rd place $75.00, all honorable mentions $50.00 each.
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be invited to Yankee Trace Golf Course, 1000 Yankee Street, Centerville, Ohio 45458 for lunch with the Centerville Noon Optimist Club, along with their parents and art teacher, with a date to be announced.
- Submission of photos due March 15, 2023 by 6 pm.
Winners Will Participate in a Show
- All winners, including honorable mention photos, will be in a show.
- The show will run around April (TBD) 2023, where they will be voted on for a “People’s Choice” award. The winner will receive a plaque.
- Name and contact information, as well as a printed copy of the entry form, should be attached to the back of photo.
- Submissions for the show must be 8″x10″, with a white or off-white mat and Optimist Creed verse written on mat. The photo should be in a simple black frame with glass or plexiglass.
- Submissions for the show should be delivered around April (TBD), 2023 by 5 pm.