The Centerville Noon Optimist Club awards an Annual Optimist Community Champion Award. This award helps local citizens in the South Dayton communities recognize champions within the community. This award has recognize citizens who have played major roles in helping children and families. The Optimist Club looks for people, who in the course of everyday life have made an extraordinary impact through efforts that have enhances the well-being in our community. They are recognized for courage, bravery, special achievements, mentoring, coaching, or for having a noble character.
Previous Community Champions
- Randy Eldridge, General Manager of Kroger Marketplace, Centerville
- Lisa Tucker, Bill’s Donuts, Owner
- Heather Cantrell –Oncology Nurse at Dayton Children’s
- Janie Rice, a 35 year veteran nurse at Dayton Childrens
- Dr. Marc Colclasure of Synergy Family Therapy
- Karen Chatman, Retired Special Education Teacher, started “Special Prom” for special needs students and the “Circle of Friends.”
- Tonya Johns – Child Care Director, started “Operation Prom Dress.”
- Greg & Tiffany Moehl, started the first food pantry in 2015
- Dean & Mindy Heyne, the “Forever Parents” foster more than 35 special needs children.
- Jenell Ross – started the Norma Rose Foundation to honor her mother raising more than $250,000 for cancer research.
To nominate a Community Champion, please fill out the nomination form below. Optionally, download and fill out the PDF and send it to:
Centerville Noon Optimist Club
PO Box 750492
Centerville, OH 45475-0492