Phather Phil’s Prayer
Phather Phil did not provide a copy of his prayer this week – he said to tell all club members to come to lunch at noon and hear it in person!
Today’s Guests – WELCOME!
|Corky Katz||Kristine Balsan|
|Mike Kistler||Dave Kaye|
|Kristen Marks||Gary DeMarco|
|Mary Stahley||Jerry Stahley|
|Kate Trangenstein||Jessie Lightle|
|Ralph Young||Charlie Tapp|
All Photos from the Meeting are Here
Judy DeMarco announced that last week’s speaker Jenell Ross sent CNO a thank you note and a donation to the CNO scholarship fund.
Cherie Gentry announced that the quarterly Great Ohio District meeting in Columbus will be 2/15/2020. CNO will be receiving several awards. There is still time to sign up. Contact Cherie for forms to attend. The deadline for early bird pricing is January 23, 2020. CNO will pay the fee for you to attend. Send completed forms to Roland Rapp.
Jean Pummill will be taking over the PDP and PGI programs from Myron. Check with her for updated passport books and for help using this program to help your personal growth and to enhance your value to the club and community.
Gary Hansen, the Will Cale scholarship chair, said that the committee has just received the next batch of candidates for this scholarship. The scholarship is given to students overcoming a significant disadvantage. CNO provides 3-year scholarships to Sinclair Community College. The next meeting will be before lunch at 11:15 AM on 1/21/2020 at Yankee Trace before the CNO lunch meeting. Come and learn more about how you can help. There will be information about becoming a mentor or helping in other ways.
Katie Calloway, the social media chair, asked if you would please like CNO on Facebook. Contact her if you would like to join the committee. She said if you are a committee chair and have announcements contact her and she will get them on Facebook.
Bob Lawson announced that the Fishing Derby will be June 6, 2020. The website has the latest information and the 2020 registration form and can be found here.
- 1/21/2020, 6 PM, Monthly board meeting at Woodbourne Library
- 2/12/2020, 6 PM, Golf Committee at Buckeye Home Health Care on Paragon Rd. Future meetings will be 3/18/2020, 4/15/2020, 5/13/2020, 6/17/2020, 7/8/2020
Tom Frazier Tee Off for Youth Golf 2020 Volunteer Opportunities
Today was CNO “Club Day”. Instead of an outside speaker, Mike Bevis and Judy DeMarco presented information about last year’s golf outing and how you can help with the 2020 outing. The 2020 golf outing will be 6 months from now on Monday, July 13, 2020. This will the 29th golf fundraiser for CNO.
The CNO Tom Frazier Tee Off for Youth Golf fundraiser is the premier golf outing of Dayton. If you would like to play in the tournament be sure to register early as it sells out every year. You can get a registration form here.
The golf committee is comprised of about 25 members and they help produce the best golf outing in the Dayton area. Starting in January, the committee meets once a month. Any member can join the committee. The meetings are fun as well as functional.
Net proceeds from the 2019 fundraiser was $50,000. A third of the money each year is donated to Dayton Children’s Hospital. They use the funds to help disadvantaged families afford the travel expenses to get their children to and from the hospital for their childhood cancer treatments.
The outing is held at Sycamore Country Club. Mike is often asked why the outing is held at a private country club. He said it was because there is more flexibility in bringing in our own supplies, such as food, drinks, ice, etc.
Several committee members spoke today about areas where you can help:
- Pat Behn runs the golfer registration process on the day of the outing.
- Barbara Santo, Val Huff and Vida McDowell organize the silent auction. All items are donated for the 60 baskets they make. The silent auction typically raises about $8000. They need donations of items for the baskets. Gift cards make excellent donations.
- Donna Huss handles the various mailings and coordinates ice and beer delivery.
- Golfers are presented with gift bags with goodies in them from sponsors. This process needs a new person to be in charge. Let Mike Bevis know if you would like to be that person. Thank you to Ellie Parker for handling this for several years.
- Wendy Hattan takes care of posting updates on Facebook.
- Denise O’Neill and her family cook the food donated by Dorothy Lane Market.
- Vince Reidy works on getting donations from area automobile dealers.
- Chris Ziehler works on getting donations of gift certificates from local area golf courses for foursomes with carts.
- Gary DeMarco is the coordinator of the day. His team uses golf carts to make sure things are setup for the day. This includes tables, drink stations, beverage stations, and people to monitor the hole in one prize station. Volunteers work 3 hours shifts. They can always use more volunteers. You do not need to know how to play golf to help.
Scroll down to the bottom of this blog entry to read he full report about the 2019 golf outing.
Thank Notes sent to CNO
You can read recent thank you notes here.
CNO Donations 2013 through September 2019
Click this link to see a summary of the donations our club has made.
Over 50 years, we have donated close to $2,000,000 to our youth community. In the past 6 years, we have donated nearly $700,000.community.
|Bob Duffy||January 15|
|Barbara Santo||January 17|
|Myron Rheaume||January 20|
New Member Readings and Inductions
|Name||Sponsor||1st 2nd 3rd Reading or Induction|
|D Ralph Young||Charlie Tapp||2nd Reading|
|Michael Kistler||Dave Kay||1st Reading|
|Kristen Marks||Gary De Marco||1st Reading|
Sergeants at Arms
|Gentlemen that did not stand when given these instructions.||If you are the best looking guy at each table please stand up.|
|Chris McAlpine||Buying a Tesla|
|Jerry Stahley||Don Kelley claimed Mary Stahley as his guest today, even though Mary was sitting right next to Jerry. Jerry was therefore fined for not bringing a guest today.|
|Fred Polizzi||Stealing the bell|
|Scott Langer||Didn’t think lunch was special enough.|
|Bob Duffy||LSU won the NCAA National Football Championship.|
|Donna Huss||Grandson married a wonderful girl last Saturday. David Ladd officiated the ceremony.|
|Jay McAlpine||Attended the Lady Gaga show recently in Las Vegas.|
|Lynne Reilly||Attending today’s lunch meeting.|