Phather Phil’s Prayer
Heavenly Father we will never be lonely if we like the person we’re with. It is always true when we are with You. Have us realize that when we are with You we are filling ourselves with Your love. That love is not to be hoarded for our own consumption, but is to be spread to all we encounter. Love and hate are two emotions that we harbor. Have us whistle a happy tune for being happy there is no room for hate.Amen!
|Shawn Collins||Tom Novak|
|Andrew Dickerson||Andrew McKenzie|
|Erin Dickerson||Andrew Dickerson|
|Gareth Dickey||Gary Hansen|
|Ron Kuker||Charlie Tapp|
|Sue Zammit||Dana Dring|
Thank you notes received by CNO
The USO thanked us for our donation of $1000 for their holiday party.
The Victoria Theater Association thanked us for our donation to their National Geographic Program.
Gary Hansen, chair of the Will Cale Scholarship Committee, announced he is still looking for more mentors so that we can help more students.
Beth, social committee, announced that 60 people have signed up so far for the Dinner and a Mystery. You can still sign up. They can handle up to 90. The event is December 28, 2018 at the Spaghetti Warehouse. Beth also announced sign-ups for the CNO Holiday Party on December 11 at Presidential Banquet Center.
Greg Fay, CNO 2.0 chair, announced there will be no CNO 2.0 meeting for December 2018, but he plans to have a football viewing party some time.
Annual Christmas Tree Lot Presentation
Donna Huss introduced Greg Griffin, the co-chair of the Christmas Tree Lot. Greg wants to make sure especially new members get briefed on how the Christmas Tree Lot works and why. The why is simple, “We do it for the kids.” First Greg showed us a great video about the tree lot and then he stepped us through his Power Point deck. Please review the slide deck here for additional information not included in the rest of this article.
Quick Facts about the Lot
- 2018 is the 51st year of our tree lot.
- Greg Griffin and Karl Frydryk are the co-chairs of the Christmas Tree Lot.
- It is one of our 3 major fundraisers.
- We will unload and sell 1,000 trees in about 15 days.
- It is a great club showcase opportunity to be involved with the community.
- Customers mention over and over that it isn’t Christmas until they buy a tree from us.
- We have a new storage trailer this year with LED lighting and power and new wreath hangers.
- We will have student volunteers from Centerville High School and the University of Dayton.
- We cannot park in the Centerville BMV parking lots when BMV is open.
- Park at the Famous Restaurant, the Bank or the Walgreen’s. Please avoid parking near the front entrance of these businesses.
- Ask parents before you give their kids a candy cane.
- The only person allowed to change the price on a tree are Greg or Karl.
- Don’t negotiate the price. Remind customers if they ask for a discount that our trees are of the highest quality and we are fundraising to support youth in the community.
- We have occasionally agreed to donate a tree for a few needy causes. There is a form to fill out and someone will investigate that the request is legitimate.
Schedule and Steps
- Tree Delivery Day is Saturday November 17, 2018 at 8 AM. We need all hands on deck. We are usually done by 11AM. We have jobs for everyone. You will be rewarded with donuts, coffee, hot chocolate and about 15 types of hot soups.
- Lot opens the day after Thanksgiving.
- We are scheduled to be open through December 15th. History shows that we will sell out in 15 days.
- When you arrive at the lot, go into the sales trailer, mark that you were there and grab your name tag.
- If you can’t make your shift, try and find a substitute or trade with someone else.
- You do not sign up for the tree lot. You have been automatically signed up for a team. Each team has 6 shifts, except one has 7 shifts, but the lot should be closed before that. Please show up for your shift. You will receive emails telling about your shifts. There are 9 evening teams and 1 day shift team. There are 10 Team captains.
- Wear proper clothing. You should bring Gloves and Boots. Please be aware that you will get tree sap on your gloves, clothes and shoes.
- We do provide tree delivery. It is available within 7 miles for $10. We do not take the trees inside homes.
- Remember to push the Tree Sprays because we make them out of tree scraps so it is pure profit.
- There is a Christmas Tree Ornament for sale at the lot as well.
- Tell your friends to come early to buy a tree. We will sell out early. Our trees are of the highest quality. There is a Christmas Tree shortage again this year.
- If you work enough shifts you can get a discount off the purchase of a tree.
- We have a truck we borrow from Voss for tree delivery. It is very important though that before you drive the truck you must make a copy of your license and sign the driver log.
Thanks for being a member and helping with one of our very successful fundraisers. We can’t do it without the generous time of our members.
|Bryan Link||November 14|
|Russell Hulbert||November 19|
New Member Readings and Inductions
|Name||Sponsor||1st 2nd 3rd Reading or Induction|
|Richard Altvater||Greg Wasmund||1st Reading|
|Gareth Dickey||Gary Hansen||1st Reading|
|Sue Zammit||Greg Griffin||1st Reading|
|Erin Dickerson||Andy Dickerson||1st Reading|
|Andrew Dickerson||Andrew McKenzie||2nd Reading|
|Mariah Vogelgesang||Mike Bevis||2nd Reading|
Sergeants at Arms
No time for sergeants this week.
No time for happy bucks this week.