Erin Dickerson’s Prayer
Your scriptures tell us many times and in many ways to “be not afraid.” We carry long lists of worries and concerns with us: personal, professional, family, friends, mental, physical, economic, educational…we could go on and on. As some of us await the beginning of Hanukkah and some are in the Advent week of peace, help us to remember with perfect confidence that you are with us through all or our worries and concern and help us to live in peace with that knowledge.
Tree Lot is Sold Out
Greg Griffin reported the following Tree Lot numbers for 2022:
- 825 – the number of Trees we sold this year
- 140 – the number of Wreaths we sold or donated this year
- Billions and Billions – the number of Door Sprays we sold this year
- 10 – the number of days it took to sell out the tree lot
- 72 – the number of tree deliveries we made this year
- 750 – the number of candy canes we gave out and or consumed this year
- 300 – the number of candy canes eaten by Harry Bossey!
- 325 – the number of shifts worked by volunteers on the tree lot
- 1,300 – the number of volunteer selling hours worked
- 7 – we sold 1 tree on average every 7 minutes per Andy Higgins’ analysis of the sales data
- 101% of our total sales plan achieved by everyone on the Tree Lot this year – THANK YOU!!!
- 24 – the day in November 2023 when our 2023 Christmas Tree Lot opens!!!!
There is no CNO lunch at Yankee Trace on 12/13/2022! That evening we will have our Holiday Party. See details below.
- Beth Duncan announced that on January 3, 2023, at 6:30 PM the annual State of the Township meeting will be held at the newly renovated Town Hall Theatre. During the meeting CNO Members are invited to sit in the first two rows of seats, which were a $20,000 donation suggested by CNO’s long range planning committee. CNO will be recognized that evening and the seats will have permanent signage thanking CNO for its donation.
- Christy Gariety said thank you for everyone that bought gifts for the thirty kids CNO was assigned for Adopt-a-Family (and thank you for selecting each one of them on the day she brought the lists in to lunch). In addition to your gifts the children also received as a donation approved by the CNO board, twenty-one coats and three pairs of snow boats.
Forte A Cappella
At today’s lunch we were treated to a concert by Forte A Capella, the contemporary a cappella group at Centerville High School. Students must audition to be in Forte and it is a for credit class at CHS.
Beth Duncan introduced Kelly Korpusik, the head choral director at Centerville High School. Kelly introduced Forte and they performed five songs for us.
This link will take you to their channel on YouTube. Forte A Capella can also be found on Spotify.
Forte’s website has a lot of interesting information, pictures, videos, their schedule and accolades. There is a donation option on the website as well. They are going on some trips in the coming season and could use some financial help.
- “Time After Time,” made famous and co-written by Cyndi Lauper
- “What About Us,” famously performed by Pink
- “Shallow,” famously performed by Lada Gaga and Bradley Cooper
- “This Christmas,” famously recorded and written by Donny Hathaway in 1971
- A customized version of “The Twelve days of Christmas.” It was a medley of several other songs and was more of a skit than just a singing performance. They pretended to get the days out of order. It was both beautiful and hilarious.
Thank You Forte
Thank you to all the members of Forte A Capella for entertaining us today. What a wonderful way to start the Christmas season!
|Bill Taylor||Carolyn Taylor|
|Kathy Rearick||Joanne Rau|
|Melissa Moorman||Mike Bevis|
|Stephanie Llacuna||Mike Bevis|
|Kathy Muha||Erin Laurito|
New Member Readings and Inductions
|Name||Sponsor||1st 2nd 3rd Reading or Induction|
|Kathy Rearick||JoAnne Rau||1st Reading|
|Ronald Rearick||JoAnne Rau||1st Reading|
|Bill Williams||Grandchild was just born.|
|Myron Rheaume||Got his car back after repairs from being hit by a school bus.|
|David Duncombe||Remember the tragedy of the attack on Pearl Harbor 81 years ago on 12/7/1941. David served in WWII.|
|Evelyn Griffin||Everyone that bought a poinsettia from the TOP optimist club.|
|Gail Aiken||All the time that Greg and Evelyn Griffin have put in at the Christmas tree lot|
Sergeants at Arms
|All members that have never eaten at White Castle’s||Never enjoying White Castle sliders. There were several of you! You need to head to Middletown and get a 4 pack of sliders!|
|Dan Passidomo||Kissing up to the sergeants.|
|Doug Reno||Delivered a tree to the same house twice, even though they only ordered one tree. Sergeant Paul Boeckman noted that he will never be a UPS driver.|
|Roland Rapp||December 10, 2002||20|
|Roberta Taylor||December 6, 1995||27|
|Paul Boeckman||December 9, 1994||28|
|Tom Novak||December 13, 1990||32|
|Bill DeShurko||December 6|
|Kent Loose||December 6|
|Matt Somerlot||December 7|
|Sarah Umbreit||December 7|
|Jeff Umbreit||December 8|
|Patrick Arehart||December 10|
|Megan Dalton||December 10|
|Penny Culhane||December 11|
|Troy Young||December 11|
|Erin Dickerson||December 12|
|Dave Mitchell||December 15|
|Bill Stone||December 16|
|Erin Laurito||December 17|
|Judy Tellis||December 17|
|Liz Fultz||December 18|
|Cindy Gaboury||December 19|
CNO Donations – 2013 through September 2022
Click here to see a summary of donations the club has made since 2013
Thank You Notes Received
CLICK HERE to see this week’s Thank You Notes
Links to PowerPoint and Pictures
A Copy of this Week’s Meeting PowerPoint Slide Deck is here